Content Block In The News
Dr. Mirtchev In The News
- Alternative Energy Hailed as a Megatrend, Disrupting World Order [Inside Sources, 4/8/21]
- Mirtchev’s book is a serious work by a serious scholar which pulls together the impact of alternative energy on national security, the interplay between great powers, and the changing landscape between great powers and a few lesser ones. It is wonderfully free of the idealistic tropes about alternative energy as a morally superior force.
- Renewable Energy In The U.S. Military: Creating A Lean Mean Green Warfighting Machine [National Interest, 4/4/21]
- From 2011 to 2015 the U.S. military nearly increased its renewable power generation by 100 percent while the nation’s economy added merely 2.6 percent of renewable power generation. With continued growth in renewables and further investment in the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency, which engages in cutting edge experimental technologies, the United States could maintain a competitive advantage with its allies in NATO and the EU as well as with rivals like China who, according to Dr. Alexander V. Mirtchev, is prepared to be the world’s leading producer and consumer of alternative energy technology in the world. Mirtchev offers a variety of valuable lessons for Defense Department budget planners through his book, The Prologue: The Alternative Energy Megatrend in the Age of Great Power Competition. The book analyzes major shifts in renewable energy sources in various sectors including continued investments in alternative energy throughout the Defense Department.
- The Coming Disruption: The Global Alternative Energy Megatrend [Forbes, 4/1/21]
- In his new book, “The Prologue: The Alternative Energy Megatrend in the Age of Great Power Competition”, Atlantic Council Vice Chairman Alexander Mirtchev defines the alternative energy megatrend as it relates to national security and using energy as leverage with other countries. He does it in the context of the new great power rivalry between the West and China, in particular. Mirtchev is also a founding member of the Kissinger Institute on China and the United States and Distinguished Visiting Professor at the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University.
- In Interview With Reuters, Dr. Alexander Mirtchev Warns Against Ramifications of Credit Squeeze on Emerging Markets [Intrado, 10/8/08]
- Dr. Alexander Mirtchev of Krull Corp. Discusses Emerging Markets with Voice of America [Daily Motion, 2013]
- The impact of Greece’s downturn. As protests and anger mount, how will the country’s crisis affect the rest of Europe? [Aljazeera, 5/11/10]
- On Monday’s Riz Khan we ask: To what extent could the meltdown in Greece affect the global financial health?
- Joining the show will be Dr. Yannis Papantoniou, the former Greek finance minister, who was main architect of the country’s economic reforms in the late 1990s, Dr. Alexander Mirtchev, the president of the Washington, DC-based consultancy Krull Corporation which specialises in new economic trends and business strategies.
- Sovereign funds join forces for strategic investment. [Reuters, 8/18/09]
- “They realize that their level of expertise is not universal and find that obtaining additional expertise via cooperation is a viable option for them. They are sharing risk and enabling access to welcome co-financing,” Alexander Mirtchev, independent director of Kazakhstan’s SWF Samruk-Kazyna, told Reuters.
- Ukrainian endangered scholar joins GMU as researcher and teacher. [Fairfax County Times, 2/15/19]
- A native of the Ukraine, the economics researcher arrived at George Mason’s Arlington campus on Dec. 31, 2018 before officially joining the university in January as an Alexander Mirtchev visiting professor, a position named after the Bulgarian-born American economist who currently works at Mason as a professorial fellow and a distinguished senior fellow.
- The Greening of Geopolitics by Dr. Alexander Mirtchev. [European Energy Review, 6/2013]
- Our Best New Foreign Policy Tool: Energy by Dr. Alexander Mirtchev. [Real Clear Energy, 11/26/13]
Content Block: Video
Dr. Mirtchev’s Appearances